Gyllyngdune Gardens were completed in 1907 with the official opening conducted from the bandstand situated in the gardens. The Princess Pavilion was added in 1910. Adjacent to the Princess Pavilion complex are the upper Gyllyngdune Gardens, consisting of the verandah, original Edwardian bandstand and greenhouse, which are used for garden fetes and afternoon and evening band concerts.
Gyllyngdune Gardens Restoration project
The Gyllyngdune Gardens project has completed a £2.3 million scheme to refurbish the gardens and part of the Princess Pavilion. Almost £1 million of the money has been awarded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the balance from Cornwall Council and Carrick Leisure.
This fantastic scheme commenced in March 2010 and is now complete so come on down and see for yourself!